||78.1 - 20,000 pg/mL
||This ELISA kit is used for quantitative determination of rat leptin in its plasma, serum & culture supernatant samples. The kit is characterized for sensitive quantification, high specificity and no influences with other components in samples and needlessness of sample pretreatment. Rat leptin standard is recombinant product.
1. Antibody coated plate 1 plate (96 wells)
2. Rat leptin standard 1 vial
3. HRP labeled antibody 1 bottle (6 mL )
4. Substrate buffer 1 bottle (24 mL )
5. OPD tablet 2 tablets
6. Stopping solution 1 bottle (12 mL )
7. Buffer solution A 1 bottle (20 mL )
8. Buffer solution B 1 bottle (15 mL )
9. Washing solution 1 bottle (50 mL )
10. Adhesive foil 2 sheets
Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Serum
Leptin, which is a product of ob gene, is a protein consisting of 167 amino acids and it is secreted from white adipose tissue. It is known that leptin actson hypothalamus to decrease food intake and to reduce body weight, body fat, blood sugar and blood insulin in a healthy and an ob/ob mouse. Further, gene expression of neuropeptide Y (NPY) is suppressed by leptin.
Recently, radioimmunoassay for leptin determination in human plasma has become available and leptin level in human patient group with obesity was found to increase in comparison with that of normal group.
The level well correlate with body fat and these observations show clearly thatleptin concentration in human plasma reflects the tissue fat weight. The measurement of plasma leptin may be an excellent index of obesity.
Although rat leptin shows a high homology (96%) with mouse leptin, it is observed that substitution of several amino acid residues occurs at both end N- and C- terminal region between human and rat leptin. These findings have required urgently to develop highly sensitive immunoassay system specific to rat leptin.
• Hashimoto H, Azuma Y, Kawasaki M, Fujihara H, Onuma E, Yamada-Okabe H, Takuwa Y, Ogata E, UetaY. Clin Cancer Res. Jan 1;13(1):292-8. (2007)
• Suzuki Y, Kurose Y, Takahashi H, Asakuma S, Azuma Y, Kobayashi S. J Endocrinol. Oct;207(1):105-11. (2010)
• Suzuki H, Hashimoto H, Kawasaki M, Watanabe M, Otsubo H, Ishikura T, Fujihara H, Ohnishi H, Onuma E, Yamada-Okabe H, Takuwa Y, Ogata E, Nakamura T, Ueta Y. Int J Cancer. May 1;128(9):2215-23. (2011)
• Tatsumi K, Sasaki H, Fujita A, Doi A, Kanaya Y, Furuta H, Nishi M, Tsuno T, Taniguchi H, Nanjo K J Diabetes Invest , June;2(3):186-192. (2011)