||0.082 - 20 ng/mL
||This EIA kit is used for quantitative determination of human PYY [both PYY(3-36) and PYY(1-36)] in serum and plasma samples. The kit is characterized by its sensitive quantification and high specificity. In addition, it has no influence by other components in samples. Human PYY (3-36) standard is highly purified synthetic product.
1. Antibody coated plate 1 plate (96 wells)
2. Human PYY Standard 1 vial (20 ng )
3. Labeled antigen 1 vial
4. SA-HRP solution 1 bottle (12 mL )
5. Enzyme substrate solution 1 bottle (12 mL )
6. Stop solution 1 bottle (12 mL )
7. Buffer solution 1 bottle (25 mL )
8. Washing solution 1 bottle (50 mL )
9. Adhesive foil 3 sheets
This enzyme immunoassay (EIA) kit is a stable and convenient assay system for human peptide YY (PYY). PYY was isolated initially by Tatemoto et al. (1980) from the extract ofpig duodenum and shown to be a polypeptide consisting of 36 amino acids residues. PYY is homologous to pancreatic polypeptide (PP) and neuropeptide Y (NPY). PYY is localized mainly in endocrine cells in the intestine (ileum, colon, and rectum). PYY shows an inhibitory action on contraction of the gastrointestinal tract and on secretion of pancreatic and gastric juice. PYY is released by taking diet. The PYY level in human blood decreases after resection of the intestine, possibly be due to the decrease in number of the endocrine cells secreting PYY.
The EIA kit is prepared by using synthetic human PYY (3-36) as standard and biotinylated human PYY (3-36) as labeled antigen. The kit can be used for measurement of PYY [both PYY(3-36)and PYY(1-36)]
in human serum or plasma with high sensitivity. It will be a specifically useful tool for PYY research.
• Adrian, T.E., Smith, H.A., Calvert, S.A., Aynsley-Green, A. and Bloom, S.R. (1986), Pediatr Res.,20:1225-1227
• Adrian T.E., Ferri, G.L., Bacarese-Hamilton, A.J., Fuessl, H.S., Polak, J.M. and Bloom, S.R.(1995), Gastroenterology, 89: 1070-1077.
• El-Salhy, M., Grimelius, L., Wilander, E., Ryberg B., Terenius, L., Lundburg, J.M. and Tatemoto, K.(1983), Histochemistry, 77:15-23.
• Greeley, G.H.Jr., Hashimoto, T., Izukura, M., Gomez, G., Jeng, J., Hill, F.L., Liuis, F.,and Thompson, J.C.(1989), Endocrinology, 125:1761-1765.
• Greeley, G.H.Jr., Hill, F. L., Spannagel, A.and Thompson, J.C.(1987), Regul.Pept., 19, 365-372.
• Gomez, G., Zhang, T., Rajaraman, S., Thakore, K.N., Yanaihara, N., Townsend C.M.Jr., Thompson, J.C. and Greeley, G.H.Jr.(1995), Am J.Physiol. 268, G71-G81.
• Larhammar, D.(1996): Regul.Pept., 62, 1-11.