||4.8 - 5,000 pg/mL
||This EIA kit is used for quantitative determination of estrone in environmental water and culture medium supernatant. The kit is characterized for sensitive quantification, high specificity and no influence with other components in culture medium supernatant.
1. Antibody coated plate 1 plate (96 wells)
2. Standard 1 vial (400 ng)
3. Labeled antigen 1 vial
4. Specific antibody 1 vial
5. SA-HRP solution 1 bottle (12 mL )
6. Substrate buffer 1 bottle (24 mL)
7. OPD tablet 2 tablets
8. Stopping solution 1 bottle (12 mL)
9. Buffer solution 1 bottle (25 mL )
10. Washing solution 1 bottle (50 mL )
11. Adhesive foil 3 sheets
Environmental water, Culture medium supernatant
Estrone is a member of estrogen, which is now attracting public attention as an environmental pollutant, especially in rivers and wastewater. Yanaihara Institute Inc. developed a quantitative EIA kit with high specificity and sensitivity for estrone in environmental water. This assay kit is proved to have crossreactivity with neither testosterone nor androstenedione.
More practically, this estrone EIA kit can be used in assessment of endocrine disrupting effects of environmental contaminants and chemicals used in commercial products. In brief, using a human ovarian granulose-like tumor cell line with high aromatase activity and substantially no synthetic activity of androgen and estrogen, the effect of a test compound on the aromatase, a key enzyme in the conversion of androgens to estrogens, is assessed by measuring estrone in culture medium produced from androstenedioneadded. Reduced concentration of estrone in the medium screens compounds that can disrupt endocrine function by influencing aromatase activity. The usefulness of our estrone specific EIA kit was fully established for this purpose.
• Takemura Y, Osuga Y, Yoshino O, Hasegawa A, Hirata T, Hirota Y, Nose E, Morimoto C, Harada M, Koga K, Tajima T, Yano T, Taketani Y. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2007 Aug;92(8):3213-8.