[DISCONTINUED] Sorry!! This product is not available anymore.
||This kit can measure the amount of HIV-1 Gag p24 antigen in cell culture medium handily by a sandwich ELISA (Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay) method. p24 antigen is a structure protein of HIV-1, so when this is measured, it's possible to presume the virus amount in the sample
||1. Antigen Standard : recombinant HIV-1 p24 (120 pg/ml) 3 tubes (1.0 ml x 3)
2. Antigen Diluent : phosphate buffer 1 bottle (25 ml)
3. Sample Buffer : 10% Triton X-100 1 bottle (25 ml)
4. Wash Buffer : phosphate buffer (Please dilute 20-fold.) 1 bottle (30 ml)
5. Antibody Coated Plate : anti-HIV-1 p24 antibody-coated microplate 8 wells x 12 strips
6. Biotinyl Antibody : biotinyl anti-HIV-1 p24 antibody (101-fold concentrated solution. An animal serum is included.) 1 bottle (200 ul)
7. Biotinyl Antibody Diluent : phosphate buffer, 2% casein 1 bottle (15 ml)
8. Enzyme-Labeled (101-fold concentrated solution): peroxidase-labeled streptavidin 1 tube (200 ul)
9. Enzyme-Labeled Diluent : HEPES buffer, 1% BSA 1 bottle (15 ml)
10. Substrate Solution : 3,3',5,5'-tetramethylbenzidine/H2O2 1 bottle (20 ml)
11. Stop Solution : 0.5 M sulfuric acid 1 bottle (20 ml)
12. Plate Sealer 3 seats
This kit is made based on the principle of a sandwich ELISA method using an antibody coated plate as a solid phase, a biotinyl antibody and a peroxidase-labeled streptavidin.
[Advantage of this kit]
1. p24 of subtype AE can be measured at the same sensitivity as subtype B, because affinity purified polyclonal antibody raised against the full length recombinant p24 is used.
2. Risk-free kit, because neither patient sera nor active virus products are used.
3. Assay can be performed at room temperature.
1. Zhang JV, Ren PG et al: Obestatin, a peptide encoded by the ghrelin gene, opposes ghrelin's effects on food intake. Science 310:996-999, 2005
2. Dun SL, Brailoiu GC et al: Distribution and biological activity of obestatin in the rat. J Endocrinol 191:1.10, 2006
3. Samson WK, White MM et al: Obestatin acts in brain to inhibit thirst. Am J Physol: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiolgy 292 (1): R637-643, 2007;
4. Green BD, Irwin N and Flatt PR: Direct and indirect effects of obestatin peptides on food intake and the regulation of glucose homeostasis and insulin secretion in mice. Peptides 28:981-987, 2007;
5. Serum levels of vaspin, obestatin, and apelin-36 in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Aktas B, Yilmaz Y, Eren F, Yonal O, Kurt R, Alahdab YO, Celikel CA, Ozdogan O, Imeryuz N, Kalayci C, Avsar E. Metabolism. 2011 Apr;60(4):544-9.
6. Aktas B, Yilmaz Y, et al: Serum levels of vaspin, obestatin, and apelin-36 in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Metabolism. 2011 Apr;60(4):544-9.