[DISCONTINUED] Sorry!! This product is not available anymore.
||This kit is developed for determination of rat hepatocyte growth factor (rat HGF) for research purposes. Rat HGF can be determined quantitatively using the rat HGF standard solution supplied with this kit. This kit also cross reacts with human HGF but its cross reactivity is about 4%.
||1. Solid phase microplate (8 wells/strip x 12)
2. Rat HGF standard solutioni0, 0.4, 1.0, 3.0, 10, 25ng/mLj
3. Sample diluent L, low salt concentration
4. Sample diluent H, high salt concentration
5. Anti-rat HGF rabbit antibody
6. Enzyme labeled antibody
7. Enzyme substrate
8. Reaction stopper
9. 20x concentrated washing solution
10. Plate seal
Organ extraction, Plasma, Culture samples
Hepatocyte growth factor (HGF), which is a potent growth factor as a trigger for liver regeneration, act as accelerator for growth of various cells not only hepatocyte but also epithelial cells, endothelial cells, and some of mesenchymal tissue. Several studies have reported that HGF had correlation with tumor progression. It also established that HGF enhanced the motility of various types of cells, induced morphogenesis and tubule formation, and controlled the immune response, and many researchers have studied using mice or rats.
1. R.G.Cutler Am.J.Clin.Nutr. 50, 373S-379S (1991)
2. H.Kasai, P.F.Crain, Y.Kuchino, S.Nishimura,A.Ootsuyama, and H.Tanooka Carcinogenesis 7, 1849-1851 (1986)
3. C.G.Fraga, M.K.Shigenaga, J.W.Park,P.Degan, and B.N.Ames Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 87, 4533-4537 (1990)
4. M.K.Shigenaga, and B.N.Ames Free Radical Biology and Medicine 10, 211-216 (1991)
5. S.Okamoto, and H.Ochi Chemical Abst.129859a (1992)
6. S.S.Kantha, S.Wada, H.Tanaka, M.Takeuchi, S.Watabe, and H.Ochi Biochem.Biophys.Res.Comm. 223, 278-282 (1996)
7. S.Toyokuni, T.Tanaka, Y.Hattori, Y.Nishiyama, A.Yoshida, K.Uchida, H.Hiai, H.Ochi, and T.Osawa Lab.Invest. 76, 365-374 (1997)
8. M.Erhola, S.Toyokuni, K.Okada, T.Tanaka, H.Hiai, H.Ochi, K.Uchida, T.Osawa, M.M.Nieminen, H.Alho,and P.K-Lehtinen FEBS Letters 40, 287-291 (1997)
9. H.Ochi ''Rouka seigyo syokuhin no kaihatsu (Development of foods for controlling aging)'' Korin Press, pp294 (1995)